Reviving the Moody Magic

By Sam Bosell 15 Jan 2014
image description
The first games at the new Moody Coliseum were played on January 4, 2014.

Originally built in the 1956 as an 8,998-seat multi-purpose arena, Rogers-O’Brien has completed the expansion and renovation of SMU’s Moody Coliseum. The north expansion of the existing facility adds a club area for VIP guests, along with new suites, a full finishing kitchen, locker rooms and coaches’ offices for several of SMU’s athletics. The expansion of the basement includes a new dock and practice area for the rowing team. The east addition creates a new Hall of Fame Club. The renovation of the arena involved the installation of new seating, updated concession areas, modernized restrooms and new MEP systems.

For more information about the new Moody Coliseum, visit SMU's website:
http://www.smumustangs.com/facilities/moody-coliseum.html